School Bus Safety
- The tires & the wheels are the most dangerous part of the school bus.
- The Bus Driver can NOT see you.
- Never Cross Behind The Bus.
10 Foot Rule:
Walk 10 feet (10 Giant Steps for you little ones) in front of the bus when crossing---so the driver can see you over the hood of the bus.
Riding on the Bus:
- Hold on the handrail
- Go directly to your seat and stay seated
- Talk quietly -- No Screaming and No Shouting
- Use your "Inside Voice"
- Let the Bus Driver know if: You need help, Are scared, or if someone is hurting you
- Keep your hands and head inside the bus. Not out the windows
- Stay behind the White Line while the bus is moving