School Wide Expectations
General expectations for Remsen Elementary Students are:
- To treat teachers, staff, and other students with respect and consideration.
- To follow the directions of teachers and staff without any inappropriate responses.
- To demonstrate respect for personal property, school property, and the property of others.
- To care for each other’s safety i.e. no tripping, pushing, shoving, fighting, or throwing objects.
- To keep the building and grounds free of litter and graffiti.
- To walk, not run unless in gym class, recess, or on the playground.
- To generally stay to the right while passing through the halls quietly.
- To speak in a normal voice without shouting.
- To abstain from fighting, name-calling, bullying, pushing, and yelling.
- To follow all rules of good behavior during assemblies, extracurricular activities, fire drills, and other school functions.
- To turn all “found” items into the “lost and found” in the office.
- To obey all cafeteria and recess rules (which are clearly posted in the cafeteria
In the classroom:
- follow the directions of all staff and substitute personnel.
- arrive in class on time.
- listen carefully to all public address (PA) announcements.
- arrive prepared with all necessary materials needed for class.
- refrain from disturbing or distracting others as they work.
In the cafeteria:
- talk quietly
- walk slowly
- stay in our seats
- not throw things
- not share food
- keep our hands and feet to ourselves
- listen to directions
On the bus:
- follow directions given by the bus driver and the bus aide.
- act as good examples by being cooperative, careful and kind.
- remain in seats.
- keep hands and objects away from windows.
- talk quietly and not cause distractions.
- follow the rules of General Behavior as previously stated and follow the REMSEN Central School District Safety Rules as explained by the bus driver.
- say ‘thank you’ to the bus driver when exiting the bus.
- behave responsibly.
- use equipment properly and safely.
- walk bicycles while on school property. In order to protect property, bikes will be placed on bike racks.